Friday 4 November 2011

SharePoint and DPM Protection

Been tasked with setting up and configuring DPM (Microsoft Data Protection Manager 2010) to provide disaster recovery and granular backups to a domain of development servers.

The domain its self has everything, domain controllers, exchange, sql cluser(s), sharepoint 2007 multi server farms, sharepoint 2010 multi server farms and plenty of single server instances to worry about. The domain is a virtualised domain with some impressive tin and plenty of resources so its used globably by the company i work for.

I've been using my increasing powershell kung fu to automate and batch most of the process but before I write some posts about what i'm doing and how - on a farm this big I needed to make sure I knew the basics of DPM and specifically doing it for Sharepoint.

I found a fantastic post that helps me do just that and wanted to share.

http://scug.be/blogs/scdpm/archive/2010/03/11/sharepoint-2010-protection-in-dpm-2010-part-1.aspx


Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment